Who is ready for a dramatic eye look this year? Whether its experimenting with brighter eye shadows or even adding a new product to your makeup routine, 2018 is about setting new goals and new ambitions. Lets start off the New Year right by being dramatic with your style and fashion statements!
1) When I know I will be creating a darker more dramatic eye look, I started off with a bold brow (Filling it in with Anastasia Bh Brow Pomade) and a blank canvas for my eyes. I apply concealer around my eyes, and set it with a setting powder to prevent my eyelids from creasing. I used my Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
2) Then with my Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
I applied Mac Single Shadow in Saddle
. Going in with a heavier hand on the outer crease and a lighter on the inner. The reason why I applied more eyeshadow on the outer corner then the inner is simply because that’s where I focus most of my blending on later.
3) Then I applied a Makeup Forever Single Eyeshadow in the shade …. and only applying it on the center of the lid and going outwards to the crease. I didn’t bring it into the creaser to much, because I don’t want this blue color covering my whole eye.
4) Then I went in with a fluffy brush and start blending outwards to create a more feline look. This took time, so don’t rush, blending takes time and effort, if you must, keep on blending repeatedly till you create the desired shape. On the next I used a small strip of scotch tape to help with the black shadow, but you can use this step before hand.
5) As you see, there is a piece of tape on the edge of my eye, why? This will simply help with creating a sharp edge without fussing with makeup removers or etc. I should’ve done this in the beginning but, it’s okay better late then never right? Then I start to add a black eyeshadow, I used the eyeshadow from the Urban Decay 2 Naked Palette Palette, the shade is Blackout. Adding this black shadow will really give that extra dimension.
6) Once I have taken off the tape, you can see that crisp sharp line. I continued to blend out the black and blue together until It’s a soft finish, on the outer edge.
7) Now time for the most exciting part, to cut the crease! Now if you are not familiar with all together, cutting the crease means to create a separation between the crease and the lid. I used to struggle with this a lot, even as a makeup artist, this was hard to achieve. Until I learnt this nifty trick. I go in with a soft cream color primer or concealer. For this tutorial I went in with MAC Painterly Pot in Soft Ocher
and applied it on the inner to center of the lid. Taking it above my crease to emphasize the crease even more. Don’t feel overwhelmed if you don’t have a paint pot, you can try it with a concealer or even foundation, just use something that is the same tone or lighter as your skin. Taking this on the lid and right underneath the shadow when I start to hit the center, so there is a separation between crease and lid.
8) Then I applied a Silver eyeshadow from Buxom
in Pure Platinum. I applied this directly over the paint pot, then softly blending it out. I focus more on the center of the lid to have a gradient effect between the blue and silver shadow.
9) Then I applied the famous Stila Liquid Glitter Shadow, in Diamond Dust
over the lid. I am disappointed in the camera because It didn’t pick up the amazing quality and sparkle of the glitter. But its stunning, believe me when I say it!
10) Then I went in with the Inglot Gel Liner in 77
, lining my Lid and water line, this really dramatized the whole look. If you want you can skip this part and just go straight to lashes, but I didn’t and love this part. This was a little bit hard to get over the glitter, so it took a good 5 minutes to go over the glitter. & I applied the MAC Loose shadow on my brow bone and inner eye corner in the Shade Vanilla (Soft Ivory)
11) Then I applied my Kiss Lashes in Gala, they are dramatic and fluffy, what more do I need from a lash? On a side note, how beautiful does the eye lid looks with all those colors blending in together. Make sure you add mascara after you add the lashes so the fake and real lashes blend in.
12) Last step is taking the Blue eye shadow and adding it along the lower lash line and gently smoking it out. You can even take a different color to make it more colorful and vibrant.
Here is my dramatic eye look for New Years Eve. I hope you everyone has a blessed and amazing 2018 and let me know how do you plan on spending your new years this year?