Good bye summer and Hello Fall! I absolutely adore fall/autumn, I know plenty of you adore fall and everything pumpkin spice themed. these transitional seasons have a special place in my heart; leaves start changing colors, the cold slowly trickles in, and before you know it pumpkins everywhere! I start to bring out the “pumpkin spiced candles” out. My small yet intimate apartment feels so zen at night. I start to pick more fall” items to really welcome the seasons. Except for my makeup, I have been really enjoying my summer makeup and skincare. I did purchase quite a lot of goodies for myself and my makeup clients; I like to keep some things separate. There were a couple of products I noticed myself reaching for more frequently than others and knew right away that these 10 products are making to the fall/autumn months.
These are the 10 products I brought with me to the fall season.
1). Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer– This bronzer is dual-toned bronzer with a slight shimmer in it. A fine shimmer that mimics the summer glow… You can’t even tell, I am not a fan of shimmery bronzer but for this one, I will make an exception. It retails for $30 you can find it all, Sephora, Macy’s, Ulta. I have been using in August and let me tell you, I am in love.
2). Too Faced Born This Way Foundation– I originally bought this on sale from Ulta at $25 because I have heard good reviews and it is fantastic. It’s the perfect balance between dewy and matte, it’s a weird mix but its sort of perfect. It’s long lasting, blurs out the skin & full coverage so two pumps goes a long way. It’s work great with or without primer, it blends effortlessly, most of the time women can’t tell if I am wearing a foundation. A couple of times I’ve been told: “It looks like your not wearing anything”.
3) Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer– This timer had me the question, why in the world I only use this on my t-zone where my pores are noticeable and it will smooth t-zone out. At first, I didn’t like this product it really did make me look Cakey and I thought to myself. Is can’t be, I am not doing something right. So I went at it tried this primer out a couple of times and the key to getting it to melt into the skin is to Gently massage it into the pores. Unlike some other printers which are not so thick, this one is perfect for those large pores. I don’t use this all over my face since I am on the drier side this will accentuate the dry areas if not used properly. I only use this around my nose and forehead.
4) Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Moisturizer and Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. The Facial Cream is simple yet effective; you get 1.7 oz which is a whole lot of product for the cost of $29. Ultra Facial Cream is the only moisturizer I’ve found that actually nourishes my skin and keeps it feeling hydrated all day. Plus it has a bit of a priming effect so my makeup applies like a dream too. I apply the Creamy Eye Treatment right after, let me tell you my under eyes never looked better. This small eye cream also retails for $29, but it is worth every single penny! On days where I don’t apply the eye cream, my under eyes are quite parched and dry making my makeup appear more patchy and uneven. This is a dynamic duo that is in my day to day routine.
5) Clinique Chubby Contour Sculpting Stick– This is my to-go for the past couple of months, I am almost running out and I need to restock as soon as possible. What I love about this Clinique Chubby Contour Stick is that it is creamy, blends amazingly and adds depth to my face. I don’t use this necessarily for contouring, more of a bronzer. I can use a beauty blender, brush and my fingers, it blends with just about anything.
6) Mac Strobe Cream– I love using this underneath my foundation, it gives me a luminous glow without looking like I piled on a tone of highlighter. I use it on a lot of my clients. It doesn’t matter if you have dry, oily or combo skin this product looks great on anyone. MAC cosmetics website claims its an “A moisturizer that boosts the look of dull skin and luminizes with iridescent particles”
7) Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer Setting Spray– I am on my last ounce of this setting spray. I need to pick up more, I use this to prep my skin, use mid process and set afterward. It hydrates the skin, keeps the makeup in place and well here is the online statement from Macy’s… “A weightless 3-in-1 mist that primes, sets and refreshes makeup while it helps keep skin hydrated. This super-hydrating, multitasking mist is infused with coconut water and can be used as a primer before makeup, a setting spray to keep makeup in place all day and a midday refresher anytime your skin needs a boost, serving as the perfect cure for a beauty hangover. The unique combination of coconut water, probiotic-based ingredients, and skin revivers works to hydrate and brighten skin, promote skin’s elasticity and tone and soothe and smooth the skin.”
8) Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder– This can easily be a hit or miss. For me it was a miss the first time, I wanted to give this Powder another chance, I figured out the key is to just brush it on and not let it sit. I was used to the “baking” method that I didn’t realize that not every powder is good for the “baking” technique. I do not use this heavy underneath my eyes, for my baking method I stick with the RCMA Powder.
“Fit Me® Loose Finishing Powder is a mineral-based formula designed to help control shine and smooth skin’s texture with a hint of color. This mineral powder provides the perfect finishing touch to your makeup base.”
You do have to match the color finish to your skin tone, my shade is 10 Fair Light.
9) Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Creme Color – I have been on the hunt for a great gel liner for a while now. if you follow me on Instagram you will know that I’ve tried a couple out and narrowed it down to the Anastasia Gel Liner in the color “Jet”. This gel liner does the job the right way, dries down to a matte, doesn’t smudge after it sets and is waterproof. I already ran out and need to pick up a second and maybe third one asap.
10) The Ritual of Namaste Clarifying Facial Toner– This toner is my favorite, its perfect for anyone with dry & sensitive skin. I use this toner before & applying makeup. I purchased this product and a couple other stuff, but that’s for a different blog post. in August and I am in love, this is the perfect toner for dry skin. This toner contains, holy lotus, Indian Rose and Aloe vera.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and maybe learned a thing or two.
What products are you loving at the moment?