Valentines Day is coming up in a couple of days and what better way to enjoy the day with a glam look?
As shown in the photo’s there are 12 steps, in each step I let you know what products and brushes I used to recreate this look. Caution I do go into detail, explaining every step; whether you’re recreating this look or just trying to learn how to figure out which brushes are best for what. I want to provide you my most with this blogpost.
STEP BY STEP
1. Firsts things first, always prime the eyes if you want the eyeshadow to stand out. I started off by priming my eyes with MACs Paint Pot in “Soft Ocher”. you need to have a clean canvas whenever using bright colors.
2. For my transition shade I used MAC Blush in “Melba”— yes, you can use a blush as an eyeshadow! You can use bronzer, highlighter, contour, all of them as an eyeshadow, you can mix and play around with makeup.
3. Next, I applied the shadow “Gossip” from the Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette. This shadow is a bright coral/pink shade with a small shimmer specs. I applied this shadow all over my lid with a flat shader brush from sigma beauty.
4. Using an Angled shading eye brush from Luxie Beauty and swiped the color outwards, to create a more feline look. The reason why I like to use an angled brush is because of the angle of the bristle helps with the contour of the crease.
5. To intensify the shade “Gossip” I used a bright red blush by Mac called “Apple”. Using a clean fluffy brush with no eyeshadow on it I gentley blending it into the outer corner.
6. Taking my E20 Short Shader Brush from Sigma Beauty and smudging out the same shadow/blush underneath my eyes. Gently pressing it against my lower lash line. I stopped towards the center, I didn’t want to go to close to my inner corner, I left that out for the highlight. Also, I didn’t smoke it out because red isn’t the most flattering shade and can make my eyes appear as if I haven’t slept for the past couple of days. The key to this step is to go with a light hand and not to blend it out.
8. Taking a clean, E25 Blending brushby Sigma Beauty, slightly dabbing it into the carbon shadow and sweeping it across my crease. I focus more on the outer corner and barely touching the skin when I reach my inner corner. When blending out a black eyeshadow it can get tough, even with a transition shade already there, the best way to use any black or dark eyeshadow is little to nothing, then slowly build up. I took the slightest bit and added it to my crease… a lot of blending was done to perfect this look, really a lot!
9. Are you ready for the glitter awesomeness? I took my Too Faced Glitter Glue, applying it on the center and going inwards to my tear duct and then applied MACs Gold Glitter from the holiday collection. I really applied a generous amount, make sure to wipe off any fallout because you don’t want glitter everywhere.
11.Now for some highlight action, I applied MACs “Nylon” to my brow bone and inner corner. I love this eyeshadow, really gives a beautiful glow. Then I added a cream/white eyeliner by L.A Girl.
12.Last but not least the Lashes, I wanted to keep the lashes a little bit simpler, so I added Red Cherry False Lashes. They are long and thinner then ones I am used. Then applying a generous coat of mascara too marry the false and real lashes together, then applying it on my bottom lashes.
And there you go, my Valentines Day Glam Glitter Eye look. I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know what your makeup plans for valentine’s day will be! Will you go glam, simple, smokey eye? The possibilities are endless.