2018 is all about new resolution, new life goals and new makeup. But there are a couple of makeup products I can’t say bye to just yet, because they are so amazing. Keep on coming back to them, I probably have more but these are the ice breakers.
1. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick
– I haven’t mention this product enough in 2017. I love how this product blends into the skin so effortlessly and there are tons of shades to choose from. From light to dark, cool tone and warm tones. The options are endless. I love this product even more because its on a stick form, I hate having to scoop out extra from the bottom of the tube from different foundations. You can’t go wrong with a stick foundation (unless it’s dry). This is a creamy foundation, glides on the skin like butter and blends effortlessly..
2. Hermes Eau Des Merveilles Perfume
– A classic staple in my perfume collection. I got this as a wedding gift about 5 years ago and have used this perfume frugally. I wanted to savor every time I spray it on me; the best way I can describe this scent is woody, sweet and sensual. The time has come to restock.
3. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
– At first glance I didn’t think this product was worth $40. The sales lady at Sephora explained the benefits of this product, well thank you because this was one of my favorite cleanser for 2017. I have sensitive skin, I take care of my skin diligently because I know if I don’t it will be dry and not so good. I make an extra effort to keep it dewy and hydrated, from the moment I wake up till I go to bed, when remove my makeup I use this all the time. I have used so many drugstore cleanser, they did an okay job. But this really helps me feel like I have a personal spa at home. I just apply this on a cotton pad and wet it a little but then start to gently massage it into my skin and then wash off. My skin feel feels rejuvenated, soft, radiant and it doesn’t dry out my skin. Which is key to a good facial cleanser, if it dries out your skin then don’t use it.
4. Inglot AMC Gel Eye Liner-
The time has come where I won’t shut up about this gel liner. I have been using this for about two years I wont go back to any gel liner. I went through 4 of these between me and my makeup clients I like to keep a separate gel liner for me. The colors are rich, long lasting and smudge proof and crease proof! How awesome is that, I have clients that have oily lids, and when they used to open their eyes the gel liners would smudge and transfer to the crease. Until this bad boy came along, I don’t have this problem any more.
5. Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray-
Before I mention anything else I must mention the amazing scent! A sweet mix between coconut and vanilla delicious right? I use this to prime my face, in middle of my makeup routine to freshen things up and afterwards to set. This setting spray helps keep my skin hydrated and makeup lasting throughout the day. Even when I am not wearing makeup I still use this on my face.
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer-
This Concealer conceals perfectly, its light weight and provides great coverage, sound like an oxy moron I know, but it’s the truth. They have a ton of shades to choose from, I like to mix Light and Medium Light to create dimension on my face.
7. Charlotte Tilbury Unisex Healthy Glow
– This product can either be a hit or miss, at first when I applied this product I was expecting a filter type of effect, something that will blur my lines and pores and give a smooth finish. Well it did do all of that and more, like give me a nice tan. A tan that maybe I am not used to because I am very pale. So this was a miss for me, but I couldn’t let $40 worth of a product go to waste. I played around until I learned the greatness behind this product. It gives me a glow, a natural hidden glow, if that makes sense. Even my foundation has this golden bronze look, not too bronzed but just enough to sneak away a little of a fake tan. Letting this product sit on the skin for a little is the trick, let it seep into the skin and the magic starts.
8. Dior Rouge Lipstick-
A classic and timeless lipstick, these are the only ones I didn’t depot in my vueset palette
because I have one in my bag at all times, my shade just matches me perfect. They moisturize my lips, have a creamy consistency.
9. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer-
I really should’ve mention this on the blog sooner but I haven’t. This is my favorite drugstore bronzer, it doesn’t contain any shimmer or glitter; I hate that. It smells like coconut (Yes, I am obsessed with coconuts!) soft to the touch and buttery like consistency. You know when you’ve had a product that you have to really dig your brush into aggressively? Well this is not the type, just one swoop will get you enough product for a light bronze.
10. Bobbi Brown Corrector
– You might’ve seen mention this product over and over again, I think its time for something new but what can I say I am a sucker for this corrector. It just works, if you want to see the full blogpost post click here.
11. Origin Ginzing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer- I can’t stop talking about this product, from family to clients it has become my all-time favorite. Don’t get me wrong I have tried out other moisturizers from the high end the more affordable ones such as Lancome, Clinque, Fresh, Loreal, Olay. I always find myself coming back to the Origins Ginzing Moisturizer is the one I always prefer over all of them. It has a gel like consistency, once applied to the face it feels amazing and has an criticus smell to it. I usually apply this in morning and wait about 30 minutes before applying an makeup on.
There is much more to the list but I wanted to shine light on these particular ones.
What are your absolute favorite beauty products?