Spring is one of my favorite seasons, it is the transition from a cold bitter winter to a warm and youthful summer. I find myself navigating towards a lighter, simpler and more refreshing beauty regime, to be honest I think this is as simple as it gets for quite a while. After I gave birth to my daughter I caught myself not even applying any makeup for weeks on end. That quickly came to a stop once I looked in the mirror and wasn’t happy with how I looked. Don’t get me wrong, natural beauty is the best beauty, but a little bit of makeup goes a long way. These products are simple, easy to use and really take no time, espacailly with two little ones who are not the most patient.
1) First things first moisturizing my face is a must, I am in love with the Origin GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer. For the winter I was using my Fresh face cream, was perfect for the brutal winter, but for the spring/summer season I naturally gravitate towards my GinZing Moisturizer. I am die hard fan of this cream, my first purchase was about 3 years ago and since then I repurchased 3 more of them. I tend to switch up moisturizers from time to time, really depends on my skin.
2) A simple face wash is as far as I go to get ready in the morning, on the days that I have a little bit more time I apply concealer and some mascara. I recently rediscovered Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. The best part is that it already has a sponge type of applicator at the tip which means less products for me to use. Unfortunately they don’t have wide range of colors, so if you lean towards the medium/dark skin tone, this might not be the product for you.
3) The F23 Sigma Soft Angled Contour Brush is my favorite brush at the moment,his might be my favorite brush, it’s easy to use and multi-functional. I use this for contouring, bronzing up my face, after that a hint of blush. then brush of the excess product on a paper towel and go on my cheek bones with highlighter. There are no rules when it comes to makeup brushes, you can use any brush for whatever application.
4) Most of the winter just called for some lip balm and a lip scrub. I particularly love this Dior Rouge Lipstick , there lipsticks make my lips feel so refreshed and hydrated, it glide’s on quite smoothly. A lot goes into finding a favorite lipstick such as color, texture, finish and longevity. They feel instantly comforting without being thick or heavy. While they do feel moist they don’t feel like they will slide off the lips.. The best part is that I can double up this lipstick as a blush, just a few dabs on my cheeks, blend away and I have a natural flush.
5) I have a love/hate relationship with the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. When I originaly purchased it I wasn’t to pleased with it, so I put it aside. Over time I dropped it and very quickly it had broken and I put it back together with some is0propyl alcohol , mixed up the shades and loved the result. Now I just apply it on my lids, brow bone and high points on my cheeks, this is perfect for easy application, the warm tones definitely set a spring tone.
6) Last but not least, I love perfume. Anything that has a sweet and fresh scent I quickly become obessed with. I got Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Perfume for my 24th birthday (thanks mom!) and save the amazing scent for spring, rose, lily, like afresh bouquet. Even the packaging reminds me of spring.